January 26, 2012

Time to Fill 'er Up!

It's that time again: time to expand some more. The right breast is already fully pumped up; the left breast - as mentioned in this blog post - is under expanded. To recap where my volume stood before and during radiation: my right breast had 695cc, my left breast had 350cc.

On January 23, I went in for a fill on my left side and (surprisingly) took 120cc easily. The two muscle relaxing pills helped! Now I'm pumped up to 470cc on the left.

January 30 is my next fill appointment for the left breast and, if I'm able to get an additional 120cc in there, I'll be at a perky 590cc. This is the size I liked my right breast at before it was over expanded (necessary because of radiation effects to my skin). Unless I want to go bigger (I'm thinking not), it's possible that I'll be fully expanded next Monday!

Having evenly expanded boobs has not been much of a concern to me. I've rocked the lopsided look well with printed shirts, scarves, and just not caring too much about it. I view getting the left filled before the clinical trial as a bonus.

The expanders I have in my chest now are for expanding my breast skin and are basically placeholders for my implants. I'll have the expanders until my "switch-out surgery" sometime later this year. The expanders don't move, jiggle, or sag. They make sleeping on my side uncomfortable. I am reluctantly realizing that I'll be sleeping on my back - a lot - this year. Ugh.

How or when will I know an approximate timeline for my switch-out surgery? That surgery will be no sooner than 3 months after the clinical trial is complete or 6 months after radiation is complete, whichever is the latest. The best guess right now is that I may be a candidate for that surgery sometime in late August. -- We'll see. I may delay the grand switcheroo until I'm ready - like after I've gotten all my energy back and have sufficiently enjoyed the Colorado summer and early fall. Sounds nice, doesn't it? I'm giddy just thinking about it.

No comments: