June 27, 2011

Solidarity

According to this blog's statistics, the most popular posting on this blog (to date) is the one about my "Hairy Situation".

Am I surprised? Not in the least bit. It's big news, a little shocking, and definitely interesting to see a gal shave her head voluntarily. I get that.

So I ask:   Who's with me, people?

Time to show your bald/buzzed melons, too! Send me your post-cut head shots. (Or before/after if that's important to you.) Individuals that shave their heads - male or female, no matter - will get their name and picture posted on the Ta-ta Times blog. For those of you brave enough to join my ranks, I can't promise you anything except you'll be popular to people around the world for at least one blog post. (Seriously: this blog is being followed in Japan, Germany, Australia...cool!) So you'll have an online presence and you'll enjoy some free summer A/C by way of heat loss. Talk about being efficient.

Think about it.
You might look fabulous with your new 'do, too!
Solidarity: unity (as of a group or class) that produces or is based on community of interests, objectives, and standards
~courtesy of Merriam-Webster 

12 comments:

Adam said...

Ok, so I'm curious. Who is in Australia?!?

Anneliese said...

Just amazing Laura you were always pretty but you are downright beautuful now.
Eddie and I are thinking about it. Can mine be spiked a little please?

love Anneliese

Laura said...

Adam: No clue. Want to help me figure it out?

Anneliese: Thanks! Spiked, yes; long, no. :)

Sandy said...

Well, I have cut mine 8 - 10 inches, but I guess that doesn't count! Ha! YOU are the gutsy one - will you still love me if I keep my new short cut?!!! As someone said earlier - you have the Demi Moore "look" and I will add..."attiude" - at my age...well I'm not sure what look that would be! Love you anyway!

Vickie Aversman said...

I guess Jim would not count, although I have a cute picture of him having sunscreen applied to his bald pate by our grandson, Landon, who so wants to help his grandpa out. You look great, girl. You are in our prayers daily. Tell you mom and dad hello for us.

Monica said...

My do wouldn't look as good as yours does Laura. You look so good with short hair!!!! You're the type of gal that can have any hair style and look fabulous! The thought of doing this has been on my mind every since you sent out this note!! I even looked at myself in the mirror last night and tried to imagine myself with less hair... still processing it. :) Love ya

Chana said...

You know how competitive I am, I couldn't possibly look as beautiful as you do with that look. Truly, hairless is YOUR thing girlfriend... you own it.. Luv Ya.

Anneliese said...

I made an appointment for Thursday
Eddie is doing his tomorrow now how about our son ???? he better not chicken out, Douglas is getting cut. Rosi said no she is affraid she would look like a horsesface, still having a sore side from laughing so hard.
I send it off to München no respond yet,
Anneliese

Rachel said...

The Jones/Vaughn clan will be buzzin' in more ways than one this weekend...at least the adult half :) Pictures headed your way on Monday!

Laura said...

Anneliese: Joshua's keeping the hair so long as he's OK with it and I'm OK with it. I asked him to grow it and really would like to see him in a ponytail - like when we were married.

Rach: OMG! I'm excited!! And freaked a little - are you? :)

Chana: You vixen! You may be competitive, but just wait until I have fake boobs! You'll never win that one! Can you say perky FOREVER?!!

Jenn said...

Hey Sexy Mama!!
Way to take life head on!!!
Lots of love to you and Joshua...
Jenn and Mike

Rachel said...

Not freaked at all! Doing it on July 4th to symbolize your future independence from the Big C. Pictures headed your way soon! Calvin may be going the mohawk route...!